Does this sound like a dairy allergy???

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
blue_rob

by blue_rob on Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:50 pm

Does this sound like a dairy allergy???

Hi
I'm really hoping someone can help me.
My daughter (almost 4 years old) was diagnosed with a dairy allergy after being very tired and constipated. We eliminated dairy and the constipation improved (but she was on laxatives too) but she was still tired. We were told to start dairy again (not on the milk ladder, the dr said "give her a glass of milk"). Things stomach wise got marginally worse again so we were told to eliminate dairy again.
This time there was no noticeable improvement (about 8/9 weeks ago). She still conplains or stomach pains and is still tired. We've just started step 1 of milk ladder and she seems to have become more tired than she was a week ago.
Does this seem right? She's not complaining of any more discomfort than she already was and I don't see how she'd become immediately tired after eating a tiny bit of milk. Would the impact not be on her bowels and tiredness come after a few days / weeks?
I feel like I'm getting nowhere with the hospital. I was told last week "at least we've ruled out anything serious like leukemia" and it feels like they don't want to investigate any further when they've decided its an allergy.
Sorry this is so long!