What might this be on my leg?

Sign in here to ask your questions.
2 posts
Guest Posts
Report Quote

by Guest Posts on Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:30 am

What might this be on my leg?

I've been back and forth to my GP with the problem on my leg, but every time I go back they just give me a new cream but they don't seem to get rid of it.

The skin on it and around it is very itchy, so they gave me aqueous cream to put on it.

But I would actually like to get rid of it any ideas what it might be and how to get rid of it.

Thanks S
Attachments
leg3.JPG
leg3.JPG (45.64 KiB) Viewed 72 times
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

Julie Van Onselen
Report Quote

by Julie Van Onselen on Thu Sep 12, 2024 1:43 pm

Re: What might this be on my leg?

Dear S
Thank you for your post and image. Unfortunately the image is blurred, and it is difficult to work out the location (where is it on your leg?). However, it looks like a raised lesion and looks nodular; but it is impossible to diagnose from this image. Has your GP given you a diagnosis? Did your GP examine the lesion with a dermatoscope. If the prescribed treatment is ineffective, you need to return to your surgery - it may be a good idea to ask if there is a GP in your practice with a special interest in dermatology and see this doctor? Or your practice may be able to send a clearer picture to the dermatology department ( tele- dermatology or 'advice and guidance'). It sounds like the skin surrounding this area is irritated, Aqueous cream is not the best emollient, as it contains detergent (SLS), I would recommend you ask your pharmacist for a bland medical emollient and use for washing and moisturising, and avoid soap.
I hope this helps.
Julie Van Onselen
Independent Dermatology Nurse
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... nselen.php

2 posts