Hoping someone can help with large red bump

Sign in here to ask your questions.
4 posts
castortroy
Report Quote

by castortroy on Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:46 am

Hoping someone can help with large red bump

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone can help identify and guide me on what do with this large spot on my nose.

I’ve been to the GP twice, first visit he reckoned acne and prescribed Rozex. On the second visit the GP had no idea what it was so we tried an antibiotic which hasn’t helped.
I’ll likely go on a waiting list for a dermatologist but in the meantime I want to try anything.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Julie Van Onselen
Report Quote

by Julie Van Onselen on Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:02 pm

Re: Hoping someone can help with large red bump

Hello
Thank you for your post and the images. Is this a single persistent red raised area on your nose? How long has it been present? Has it grown or changed? Did your GP examine with a dermatoscope ? Do you have any skin issues on the rest of your nose/cheeks/face. It sounds like treatment was not effective. I suggest you return to your GP and ask if they can seek an opinion from dermatology, hopefully there will be a
teledermatology or 'advice and guidance' service, and they can send in your images for expert advice.
I hope this helps.
Julie Van Onselen
Independent Dermatology Nurse
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... nselen.php

castortroy
Report Quote

by castortroy on Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:13 pm

Hi Julie,
Thanks so much for replying.

Yes it’s a single persistent raised bump on my nose. It’s been there for around 6 weeks. It has stopped growing and hardly changed in appearance since around week 3. Nothing has come out of it. I have no other skin issues and rarely get a spot. I believe they have sent the picture off to the dermatologist and I now await word for what could be weeks and months.

Julie Van Onselen
Report Quote

by Julie Van Onselen on Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:02 pm

Hi

Hi Roy
I am so pleased to hear dermatology are assessing this red spot. It is important that a common skin cancer, called basal cell carcinoma (a local cancer that never spreads) is eliminated, and if you do have a BCC, the dermatology department will remove it. Please try not to worry.
Julie Van Onselen
Independent Dermatology Nurse
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... nselen.php

4 posts