Severe acne as an Adult

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

6 posts
redpanda

by redpanda on Tue May 07, 2024 6:42 pm

Severe acne as an Adult

Hi all,

I am 31 years old and have suffered from acne for over half my life. Over the years it has ranged from moderate to very severe and currently for the last 2 months I've been dealing with painful, severe acne that won't go away. Right now I don't want to leave the house or do anything. I got a prescription from the pharmacy that I'm trying to see if it will help and I am trying to pay more closely to my diet and what I eat... But if this doesn't help then I'm convinced nothing I do will ever help my skin. Some days the pain from the acne can get so bad it makes me not want to live.

At this point, I am not specifically looking to try anything new for helping my acne as I don't want to try too much at once that could cause it to get worse, but wanted to see if there's anyone else who can relate to what I'm going through with having acne as an adult. How do others cope and maintain relationships with people, especially when your skin hurts so bad that you can't enjoy doing anything at home by yourself let alone with family or friends.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed May 15, 2024 1:56 pm

Re: Severe acne as an Adult

I don't think a change of diet will help: you've already tried that so you're right to realize a diet change won't help.

I also assume you've tried medical creams and medication. I really can't offer advice as you've been given it already. But - as obvious as it sounds - a soothing medical skin cream should calm down your angry acne. It won't get rid of your acne, though.

I know this advice is awfully weak but there are a lot of people who can relate to your pain. Keep searching online and you'll find many more people who can share their stories with you. This website was the right choice too.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:39 am

Dermatologists refer to this as "grown-up beginning skin inflammation." It is generally normal among ladies going through menopause. Ladies will generally get grown-up skin break out more frequently than men do. On the off chance that you're getting skin break out as a grown-up, it is possible because of at least one of the accompanying reasons. Fluctuating chemical levels: An irregularity can prompt breakouts

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Aug 07, 2024 12:58 pm

advhccenter wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:39 am
Dermatologists refer to this as "grown-up beginning skin inflammation." It is generally normal among ladies going through menopause. Ladies will generally get grown-up skin break out more frequently than men do. On the off chance that you're getting skin break out as a grown-up, it is possible because of at least one of the accompanying reasons. Fluctuating chemical levels: An irregularity can prompt breakouts
Another agreement from me.

This is proper medical information: and is important.

rae_chadwel

by rae_chadwel on Tue Aug 13, 2024 10:28 am

Hey,
I've been there with adult acne, and it's truly awful. The isolation and pain you're describing are so real. Good on you for trying new treatments - sometimes it takes time to see results, so hang in there.
For coping, I found being open with close friends/family helped. Finding enjoyable activities that don't irritate your skin and using online support groups on bad days can be lifelines too.
Remember, your worth isn't tied to your skin. If the pain is severely impacting your mental health, please consider talking to a professional. You're not alone in this struggle.
Wishing you all the best and hoping you find some relief soon.

mail.shawnmichael@gmail.com

by mail.shawnmichael@gmail.com on Tue Sep 10, 2024 1:43 pm

I'm really sorry you're going through this, and I can understand how exhausting and overwhelming acne can feel, especially as an adult. You're definitely not alone in this struggle, and many people face similar challenges with acne and the emotional toll it takes. Coping with the pain and frustration of severe acne is tough, but taking small steps to focus on self-care can help.

It's important to be kind to yourself, even on the bad days. Surround yourself with supportive people who understand what you're going through. Sometimes, opening up to family or friends about how acne affects you emotionally can create understanding and comfort.

While you're trying your prescription and focusing on your diet, give yourself time. Healing may be slow, but patience and persistence often pay off. If the emotional weight feels too heavy, consider speaking with a counselor who can provide support during this difficult time.
Visit Here : https://dermaspacepune.com

6 posts