Tips for not letting acne destroy mental health

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

5 posts
lou.96.18.23@gmail.com

by lou.96.18.23@gmail.com on Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:55 pm

Tips for not letting acne destroy mental health

I was hoping to find some tips on how to cope with this acne issue, currently I feel like everything is against me and truly I’m struggling mentally.. currently have the worst flare up of cystic acne and I’ve over done it in the panic and of course made everything even worse 😭 haven’t left the house in days and can’t see me leaving the house for the next few either 😞 it’s making me want to hide from my loved ones, it’s keeping me from doing anything even going to the shop for milk! I can’t help but feel embarrassed of myself, and to feel comfortable around my partner I’ve put on masks as spot treatments all day and as you can imagine it’s just made everything so much worse. I’m stuck in a painful, shameful cycle and I truly don’t know what to do for myself. Any help would be so so amazing, please, thank you

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:17 pm

Re: Tips for not letting acne destroy mental health

A quick-fix is to find a concealing foundation to cover up your acne. I KNOW that doesn't solve your problem but will at least offer less embarrassment.

There are specialized foundations for acne-prone skin: these are the mother of all foundations and won't cause further skin issues, like flareups.

Do Google it. You will have to be prepared to pay a fair cost, though: maybe from £20 to £30, or thereabouts.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:34 am

Ways to oversee issue skin inflammation

Limit pressure. It doesn't cause skin inflammation, yet can exacerbate it. ...
Attempt concealments. Flare-ups can frequently be made more subtle by utilizing water-based cosmetics and colored lotions and sunscreens. ...
Help your spirits. Know that you're in good company. ...
Get great expert assistance.

mail.shawnmichael@gmail.com

by mail.shawnmichael@gmail.com on Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:21 am

Dealing with acne can be tough on mental health, but there are ways to manage the emotional impact. First, remember that acne is a common issue, and you're not alone in this struggle. Focus on your self-worth beyond appearance, and avoid letting acne define you. Practice self-care by maintaining a healthy diet, exercising, and getting enough sleep, all of which contribute to better skin and mental well-being.

It’s also essential to talk about your feelings. Sharing your concerns with friends or a professional can help relieve stress. If acne is affecting your confidence, consider exploring acne scars treatment in Pune for professional advice. Advanced treatments can improve skin texture and help you feel more comfortable in your skin. Lastly, be patient with your skin’s healing process and avoid harsh comparisons with others. Managing stress and adopting a positive outlook can significantly reduce the impact of acne on your mental health.
Visit Here : https://dermaspacepune.com

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:26 pm

mail.shawnmichael@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:21 am
Dealing with acne can be tough on mental health, but there are ways to manage the emotional impact. First, remember that acne is a common issue, and you're not alone in this struggle. Focus on your self-worth beyond appearance, and avoid letting acne define you. Practice self-care by maintaining a healthy diet, exercising, and getting enough sleep, all of which contribute to better skin and mental well-being.

It’s also essential to talk about your feelings. Sharing your concerns with friends or a professional can help relieve stress. If acne is affecting your confidence, consider exploring acne scars treatment in Pune for professional advice. Advanced treatments can improve skin texture and help you feel more comfortable in your skin. Lastly, be patient with your skin’s healing process and avoid harsh comparisons with others. Managing stress and adopting a positive outlook can significantly reduce the impact of acne on your mental health.
I echo this advice. If you're struggling with acne it IS important to concentrate on your mental health.

I don't have acne myself but mental health is a subject that is important to me. Acne can drastically impact mental health. It may not have a cure but it is possible to deal with acne emotionally and improve confidence.

5 posts